Wednesday 31 December 2014

The end is nigh!

With only the same number of hours remaining of 2014 as the number of fingers (and thumb!) on your right hand, it may be time to finally reminisce on a year that has simply flew by!
 
Another post will describe my years tales at a later date, but for now I am just dropping in to wish everyone who has read my blog over the past year a great 2015.
 
Again, like it has been all year, the blog had ran behind, but more due to the fact that I have so much, and so many birds to talk about it's hard to keep up with the pace. 2014 has been my most 'successful year' of birding so far, absolutely thrashing my personal year list record with thanks to everyone that I have shared the car with on many birding days. Many amazing days were had, a few not so great days, but in general the year has been one of enjoyment. Both the company I have kept and of the hours spent scouting the local patch for migrant Redstarts, scoping the sea for that distant Surf Scoter, or indeed stumbling upon a Penduline Tit in a Norfolk reedbed were immensely enjoyed!
It has been varied and often filled with a variety of emotions, from jubilation, to frustration, from being mesmerised, to completely underwhelmed, as is the way with birding.
 
So that's it. Another year is over, and I'm not going to see another bird until 2015. I will no doubt be in a non- fit state to write this by the time it goes online, so best get it over with!
 
All the best everyone! And thankyou! See you in 2015!
 
 
MB

1 comment:

Jason K said...

A nice post to round the year off Craig!

BTW, I've returned to the world of blogging. Check out my new wildlife blog at:

http://punkbynature.blogspot.co.uk/

Cheers Jase