Monday 4 July 2011

LSW Revisited.

12/06/11
I just Couldnt resist it, Knowing where a pair of Lsw were, i just had to go back for more.
On entering the Woodland i checked what i presume to be the Lsw Favorite tree, as i have seen the female Pecking away an this tree 3 times., I watched her for some time, and showed a couple of walker by people who were interested about the 'Rare Woodpecker's'.
I still couldnt believe my Luck when i saw these birds again, what Birds.
The bird flew off into a Small wooded area and i walked into the clearing with the feeders, there wasnt any LSW there so i continued on to check another area which has been favored, i did get a couple of brief views, so walked back around the the cleering and waited silently,
Untill my target flew in and dropped dowm onto the Feeders.
The male LESSER SPOTTED WODPECKER!!
When you see a bird in comparison to a fat Ball you realise truily how tiny they are,
Tidgy little Woodpeckers, I took a Video and a single Photo before the bird flew back into the tree's, and i decided to head back.


A check of the patch revealed a Nuthatch which shown well, as well as a few Gs Woodpeckers.
MB

No comments: